Where do people land on your website, and is that potentially of value to you?
Entry pages to your website will be accessed via a range of different sources. These include:
- Organic search engine positioning.
- Paid advertising (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook advertising, LinkedIn advertising).
- Direct links (for example, a link in an email that has been sent to them).
- Links from other websites (e.g. an online directory or forum).
For each entry page of significance, there are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Is there any chance that the visitor landing on that page, from that source, could become a customer? Could they be irrelevant traffic?
- If the entry page could make a contribution towards the visitor becoming a customer, was there enough on the page to get them clicking onwards to other pages that would give them more reason to make contact?
At this point the focus is purely on looking at your most significant entry pages. When you see entry pages that you believe should be contributing towards people clicking through to further website pages, then you’ll benefit from our page bounces from specific pages